• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

DiceyIsNotDead 5 days ago

The Infinity is sick and would be amazing to get but there is one thing that's making my head explode from confusion. The Thermals, I've heard that the Infinity has incredibly bad temperatures. Now, I know that visuals are different for everyone, but if someone could find a case that's black and would support a 280mm radiator at the front of the case, that has better thermals than the Infinity that would perfect. You don't have to go extensive and search through cases, Just give some suggestions that you know are good. Thank you. :)

Comments Sorted by:

61Builder 2 Builds 2 points 4 days ago

I've heard, and read, the case is really good with water cooling when you add quality fans in the front pulling air in, but not good in total air cooling. In short, buy the case, but also purchase some really good fans for the front and bottom since it only comes with a rear exhaust fan.

DiceyIsNotDead submitter 1 point 4 days ago

I'll be using an h110i with its stock fans replaced with two LL140s. I will also use three LL120s for the bottom and exhaust. I hope this helps. :)

61Builder 2 Builds 1 point 4 days ago

Depending on the type and model of your video card. The Infinity does not have front fans pushing air into the case, so you have to use bottom fans for exhausting hot air out the case (other than the one rear exhaust) if you use the top fans/radiator for intake.

Why don't you check out 805 Infinity Owner's Club for first-hand advice?

Good luck with your temps and build.

DiceyIsNotDead submitter 1 point 4 days ago

So you are saying that the bottom and rear fans should be exhaust and the front (CPU cooler) should be intake? Sorry, I'm kinda new to pc building.

I am following LTT's RGB Build Guide but with some alters.

:)

61Builder 2 Builds 1 point 3 days ago

What I'm saying is, if you have that case (Inwin 805 Infinity) you should look at the owners' site for specific help from first-hand builders of the case. If you are just looking for a alternative for that specific case, check out Corsair Air 540. It has great thermals and really can look good. Also, since you stated you're new at this (building), look at JayzTwoCents. That's about all I can give you. I'm more into content creation rather than a lot of RGBs showcase builds. Just remember though, air should flow in from the front, out the back, and air flow in from the bottom out the top...you can reverse the top and bottom, but to keep your CPU and GPU, the interior of the case needs to be, and stay, cool.