• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

floridaboz 4 days ago

This is just going to be a fun topic. I want to know what people like for animals

1) Dogs
2)Cats
3)Other
4)None

Comments Sorted by:

tomtomj2 9 Builds 7 points 4 days ago

Definitely Communism although I do like me some cheesecake- oh wait :P

Probably cats, easier to take care of from my experience, although I wouldnt mind having a dog.

If I had to go with any other pet, probably fish, or a hamster. Maybe a bird if you could convince me lol

floridaboz submitter 4 Builds 3 points 4 days ago

I think my snake would gladly cuddle that hamster...

tragiktimes101 1 Build 3 points 4 days ago

You really are into some weird ****.

lol

HydraBT 2 points 3 days ago

dogs are easier to take care of

IamNotGoodWithUsernames 1 Build 4 points 4 days ago

3 ) other human...

wait a second! THEY MUST NEVER FIND OUT!1!

Dogs are usually more affectionate and loving but like to #1 and #2 on carpet. Cats dont do this as much but still do. Dogs will lay on your lap while watching TV, cats rarely do this. Dogs will go on walks, i tried this with a cat and it was sad. Dogs will leave their wet slobber all over your face, cats on the other hand have sand paper tongues.

Cats will let you pet them, dogs will either sit on your lap and probably crush you. Cats wont bark at the front door because trees have branches and one fell off near my front door. Cats make good pest control, i saw one eat a tarantula once, dogs can be too but dont go out of their way to attack snakes. Cats are cheaper to maintain, provided you don't mind all the bird heads they keep bringing in and all the blood it leaves behind. If you get a cat train them to be indoor only.

I have 2 cats and 1 dog At The Moment.

Dogs are usually more affectionate and loving but like to #1 and #2 on carpet.

My cat actually is the only animal I have that will piss anywhere they aren't supposed to. Damn cat. Same cat likes to headbump me to get affection. Weird cat.

Dogs will lay on your lap while watching TV, cats rarely do this.

My cat actually will. Even weirder, it will get under the covers and cuddle. Not many cats do that.

Dogs will go on walks, i tried this with a cat and it was sad.

Same cat will walk with me for blocks before fighting some random cat.

I think my cat is a dog in disguise.

InsertNameHere² 3 Builds 2 points 3 days ago

Cats sitting on your lap is like a 50/50 chance on it's personality, every cat I've had loved sitting on my lap

HydraBT 2 points 3 days ago

dogs can be trained to not 1 or 2 on carpet, and the rest really depends on the dog or cat

[comment deleted]
Ice44 1 Build 2 points 4 days ago

Thats a joke.... Right?

VapidDarkness 2 points 4 days ago

I wish it was. It's really odd because I've met them before and they were really nice people.

gorkti200 2 Builds 2 points 3 days ago

What does this have to do with the preceding post? Also that's horrible.

VapidDarkness 3 points 3 days ago

I don't even remember what I was replying to or why I did.

VapidDarkness 2 points 3 days ago

Now that I think about it that comment makes me look mildly racist. oops.

gorkti200 2 Builds 2 points 3 days ago

lol I don't think it did, I mean, you were just describing an event that occurred. I just didn't get the context to the preceding post lol.

VapidDarkness 2 points 3 days ago

Lol idk man. It was a crazy story though.

Bartholemew 3 points 4 days ago
  1. I have a weakness for border collies. They are fricken adorable.

Also one of the smartest dog breeds in existence.

Bartholemew 2 points 3 days ago

Yes, another reason to own one.

gorkti200 2 Builds 3 points 4 days ago

I like dogs most. Cats are cool too though.

worstcaster 1 Build 3 points 4 days ago

Dogs, but my wife likes cats so guess which we have. :(

Levyrat 2 Builds 3 points 4 days ago

I'm a dog guy all the way, but I enjoy most animals that aren't tarantulas.

Despite being a dog guy, I've become a caretaker for one stray cat and one I'd call semi-feral. They still live outside, but they're pretty much members of the family now.

legomaster 7 Builds 2 points 4 days ago
  1. I own 2 cats already (one showed up in my complete build). They are both calico cats.
InsertNameHere² 3 Builds 2 points 4 days ago

Cats are my #1, best pets I've ever experienced and been around, currently have one

ZedSamCat 2 points 4 days ago

Tie with cats and hedgehogs, i have both

tragiktimes101 1 Build 2 points 4 days ago

3) Finger monkey

While I have a dog and two cats, I feel a finger monkey is my spirit animal. I'd like a whole swarm of them. And, yes, I choose to refer to them as a swarm when in large numbers.

Levyrat 2 Builds 2 points 4 days ago

Can you train a finger monkey to clean the dust inside a PC? That would be a real useful pet to have.

VapidDarkness 2 points 4 days ago

I think I'm gonna have to go with cats. They are generally calmer than the dogs I have which is why. We do have chickens that roam around, but I don't see them that often.

TheShadowGuy 2 points 4 days ago

For pets?

Snakes and cats.

Nullarc77 3 Builds 2 points 4 days ago

A pet I want is a German Wolf. They are magnificent creatures. Next would be a dog. Had a Golden Retriever when I was little. But I barely remember her.

mr_cool998 2 Builds 2 points 4 days ago

I've always wanted to own a ball python but my mom would murder me if I got one, and so would my wallet. I like cats too but I hate how I would have to clean up a litter box, and my desk setup would be fearing for its life. So for now I stick to dogs.

vagabond139 5 Builds 2 points 3 days ago

I love dogs. I like cats but I'm sorta allergic to them so I couldn't have one as a pet.

Levyrat 2 Builds 2 points 3 days ago

Okay, a bit of personal emotional stuff about animals. Like I said, I'm a dog guy, but I'm caretaking a couple of stray cats.

Last year, my old pal Rocky, some sort of black lab mix, finally ran out of time. In his last couple of months, I'd take him out in front of the house to take care of business, because the walk to the back door was getting too long.

Now, Rocky was about the calmest, most laid-back dog you could ever hope to meet, except when he saw a cat or squirrel. Furry little mammals drove him crazy. The first time he met one of the stray cats, he tried to chase it, but he couldn't go very fast or far. The cat didn't run very fast or far either, so Rocky felt like he was keeping up. You could tell that he enjoyed it.

Found out pretty quickly that both of these cats are real friendly with dogs. It confused Rocky at first. Having a cat sniffing noses with him or rubbing up against his legs wasn't the kind of thing he was used to. But he did get used to it, and his last couple of months he ended up enjoying a trip outside to see his new cat friends, and they enjoyed seeing him.

That's why I like cats a little more than I did before. They gave my old Rocky some love and attention. Yeah, he got that from the other dogs too, but the cats were something new, and I think they brightened up his dying days just a bit.

So I'm cool with cats.

floridaboz submitter 4 Builds 1 point 4 days ago

Of Course i would have to go with (3) Other, because i love my snake.

Bartholemew 2 points 4 days ago

Would your snake kill you if it had the chance? Just wondering.

floridaboz submitter 4 Builds 2 points 4 days ago

Depends on a lot of factors. like the snake, how tame it is, how mad it is.

To be honest, most snakes are rather calm. Ball pythons for the most part are very calm. Mine has never even stuck at me, or looked like it had a thought of striking at me.

gorkti200 2 Builds 3 points 4 days ago

I had an elementary school teacher with a bunch of snakes, including one big snake but I don't remember what kind it was. He would let us hold the small ones sometimes, and sometimes when we were doing work he would take the big one out and walk around with it and let us touch it. He also had a big iguana that he would let walk around the class sometimes while we were working. He was a pretty cool teacher. His snakes never bothered or hurt anybody.

KPage03 2 points 4 days ago

I don’t think they’d hurt you unless they felt threatened

floridaboz submitter 4 Builds 1 point 4 days ago

That is correct, but just like humans, you should be careful, some, even know it is rare, are moody little ********. But most all snakes are very easy to read.

Levyrat 2 Builds 2 points 4 days ago

Texas rat snakes seem to be one of the un-calm ones. I tried to shoo one off the back porch last year, and it apparently decided to take me down. The scary part was that it ignored the broom and kept coming after my legs.

It was a long fight, but the snake finally got tired enough that I managed to move it out in the woods.

Bartholemew 1 point 3 days ago

That must be a cool pet to have.

[comment deleted]
worstcaster 1 Build 4 points 4 days ago

My car has never pissed on the floor either. I have a Jeep Liberty. Has anyone else had this problem with a different make or model?

mr_cool998 2 Builds 4 points 4 days ago

I heard that Jeep Wranglers are really hard to train and it takes years to house train them